Lady of The Sunshine Pinot Noir

SKU 400000028286
In stock
Product Details

Biodynamic & Organic. For the Pinot Noir, Gina keeps the fruit off of the steepest part of the vineyard where there is only about 1 foot of top soil before getting down to the diatomaceous earth. These are extremely poor soils create tiny Pinot clusters which lead to extremely concentrated flavors at still low alcohol levels. Gina also noticed that the maturity in the vine tissue in Chene is a lot more advanced than most other vineyards in the Central Coast and as such, the stems are usually fully lignified by the end of summer. When one encounters fully ripe stems, they can increase the amount of whole cluster and still avoid the underripe flavors that can occur from green, unripe stems. In 2019 Gina opted to bump up to 75% whole cluster owing to the perfect ripeness of the grapes and the stems. The other 25% of grapes are destemmed and left as whole berries on top of the whole clusters. Extraction is extremely gentle with only pour-overs of juice to keep the cap wet until it’s fully formed followed by gentle punchdowns. After fermentation the wine is basket pressed into neutral barrels for 10 months then bottled unfined and unfiltered. Blind-tasted, this would fit right in amongst the who’s who of producers like Dujac and Bizot that like a large amount of whole cluster.

Save this product for later