Sale

Rosi Schuster Aus Den Dörfern 2017

  • $ 24.99

Description

Tags: Austria, Austrian white, Gruner Veltliner, Natural, Organic Wine, White Wine
Franz and Rosi Schuster each had vineyards and were wine professionals when they were married back in 1979. Both were trained winemakers and Franz was a viticulture professor at the local college. Since Franz passed away in 2007, their son Hannes has managed the winery as well as the family’s 25 acres of prime vineyards between the villages of Zagersdorf and St. Margarethen. Hannes, 33, is now part of a cadre of enthusiastic young winemakers who have helped usher in a renaissance of the Austrian wine industry. Hannes Schuster gives us a Grüner Veltliner (90%) from his various vineyards from villages surrounding Burgenland’s Ruster Berg, where gneiss, schist, limestone and sand give rise to a complex and mineral dominated delicious wine. The remaining 10% of the cuvee are made up of a Gemischter Satz of various interplanted varieties, namely 2% Welschriesling, 2% Muskat Ottonel, 2% Weissburgunder, 2% Neuburger, 2% Furmint.

STAY UP TO DATE

Submit your email to get updates on products and special promotions.